Saturday, September 14, 2019

The Answer My Friend is Blowing in the Wind

Sometimes proximity creates calmness of the mind, or at least, provides the opportunity. This week has been the week of opportunities as we have traveled to the beach, and now the farm. The waves and wind carry the methodical messages of "peace" and push the day to day worries a little further back in the mind.

My mind fights hard against these lessons from nature as I struggle to find my place in my relationship, its value, purpose and future. I've not done much planning thus far and now at 54 it seems so relative, necessary and sometimes, regretful. I strive to live one day at a time, and not look backwards at the "what ifs" and the "why nots", but many times,  the angst of uncertainty floats into my mind's eye and steals joy of the present! Not unhappiness, just mindfulness!

"Be still" whispers the waves of the gulf, "know I am God" speaks the breeze and chirping birds of the farm. Quiet now..... The truth belongs to the waves, wind and creatures of nature. They live their purpose daily without fail or fight....steady and consistent no matter the turbulence.  Just the example I find needed!

As the wind blows through my mind, I pray......

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change: Courage to change the things I can: And the wisdom to know the difference."

Amen ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment