Monday, February 20, 2023

My Feathers

 I begin each day's prayers with "Thank you God". Then proceed with the most tangled, interrupted and distracted thoughts and words imaginable! I cannot fathom how God diciphers or discerns. When I pray in my head, in my constant dialog with God, I am far more eloquent and organized.  But aloud, I am a divine "mess"!

I am often too busy or distracted to finish my prayers or to even slow down and pay attention. Some days I even "demand" a sign from God. Like "Do you hear me? Give me something I can see and relate to!!" Or more like "Give me what I am asking for RIGHT NOW!" Just a simple request from such a shallow gal!

This morning while walking and praying, I searched the woods for the turkeys and deer I see each day in the dawn and dusk. I just wanted a glimpse of them in their habitat...and maybe a photo op! While I saw evidence they exsisted along my route, they were invisible. Was God speaking to me? Was he telling me to trust his presence in my surroundings? Was he telling me to open my eyes, he IS all around me and in me?

I found a feather!!! 

I have a collection of feathers. Each time I pick them up, I am reminded of God's promise of hope and protection. "He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge, his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart" Psalm 91:4. 

In this season of my life, however misplaced and uprooted, I am emincely thankful for the quiet and stillness. I am grateful for a slower pace and the opportunity to sit in my grief and walk in most obvious "signs" in nature. I hear him with the wind in the pines, and the bird songs and see him in the wildlife and blossoming of spring!

I find joy in the "feathers " along the journey and the promise of God's refuge!




No comments:

Post a Comment